Thursday, June 25, 2026

Ladyslipper Heaven

Cypripedium montanum

While visiting with my gardening friends Michael and Amanda Wharton in Montana a few days ago, he casually mentioned he'd befriended a botanist on a trail in Glacier National Park who'd told him where there were scads of white ladyslippers blooming. I've been lucky enough to have seen scads of these once at Swift Dam in Montana--but jumped at the chance to re-experience ladyslipper heaven. Michael shared the location (at a campground no less!) and off we went. It was less than a mile off our itinerary towards Calgary. The site exceeded our fondest expectations: I have no doubt there were thousands of plants blooming there. I have never had my fill of "Cyps"-- so I am sharing a few of the many pictures I took there of them and a few of their companions. I think they speak for themselves!






A few had gone over and even had seedpods from last year!


Anemone multifida grew among them

As did this Erigeron (speciosus?)


Rosa woodsii


I COULD go on you know...

3 comments:

  1. Nothing beats finding Cypridiums in the wild. So exotic looking for such mountainous locations. Definitely worth the side trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! The greens in your photos are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This has been a great blessing in my life. Knowing Dr. Odumeje has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. My lover came back to me after I reached out to him for help. He helped remove the negative influence of a third party that was affecting our relationship. Today, my husband loves me again, and our relationship has been restored. I am truly grateful for the support and guidance I received during this difficult time. Thank you, Dr. Odumeje, for helping bring happiness back into my life. I highly recommend reaching out to him to see if his guidance can help you as well. TEXT/WhatsApp +2349064108102 OR VIA oduemejetemple@gmail.com

    HE ALSO WORK ON A LOT OF FOLLOWING CASES

    Spell to get famous
    Spells to grow business excessively
    Spells to get a Job
    Spells to get a husband
    Spells to Win Court Case
    Spells to get your loved ones out of prison
    promotion spells
    Protection Spells
    Spells to win Lottery Pregnancy Spells

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Crime pays, gardens don't.

I apologize for "borrowing" Joey Santore's tagline--but it seems appropriate. And I think Joey would approve. What if I were t...

Blog Archive