Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Summerhome: Garden Conservancy Tour August 26!


 I have featured Summerhome before, and will likely do so again...it's one of the most exciting gardens to come on line in our region in my lifetime. I visit it regularly, and am surprised so many of my local gardening friends have YET to go. Well, here's your chance! Although you can go on your own, join us on August 26 when you can meet the owner who is responsible for this garden (Lisa Negri): just tap HERE to find out more about it. 



One of the stars of this year's plantings there is Euphorbia marginata. Click on the Scientific name of Snow on the mountain to learn more about it. What a joy to see it growing so well, when my favorite display of it in nature was destroyed by "progress"...

Daucus carota 'Purple Kisses'

Last time I blogged about the garden I showed this as well...in slightly different color forms. I have GOT to get this plant!



I could (and have) blathered on and on about why this is such an extraordinary garden. My only regret is that my talented colleague (Kevin Williams) who designed this garden will not be at the open house. He has a good excuse (he'll be in Tadjikistan!)


Enough Commentary! The garden speaks for itself.













Here my two favorite annuals (or near annuals in the case of Monarda pectinata) cavorting together. You come and cavort with us too on the 26!

1 comment:

  1. The Summerhome Garden Conservancy Tour on August 26 sounds like a fantastic opportunity to explore a captivating garden. It's intriguing how the author describes it as one of the most remarkable gardens in the region, and their enthusiasm is contagious. The mention of Euphorbia marginata being a star of this year's plantings adds to the allure. It's both heartwarming and saddening to read about the destruction of a favorite natural display due to "progress." The mention of Daucus carota 'Purple Kisses' and the author's eagerness to acquire it highlights their passion for plants and gardening. This comment makes me eager to learn more about these gardens and the plants they feature!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

A garden near lake Tekapo

The crevice garden of Michael Midgley Just a few years old, this crevice garden was designed and built by Michael Midgley, a delightful ...

Blog Archive