Monday, March 11, 2024

A fertile area for fritillarias!

Fritillaria affinis

There are some of us smitten by frits. I think if you were along with us (the last day of the NARGS study weekend--our group went to San Bruno Mountain) where we found scads of the commonest fritillary of the West Coast (which I knew for years as F. lanceolata and now is called F. affinis) you'd fall in love with them too!

The pictures on this post are a pretty random sampling of the ones we saw on San Bruno: a fraction of the plants on the mountains, we saw dozens of leaves of non-blooming plants everywhere. I find plants with speckling like this to be very fetching!
















 I hope you enjoy their variability even HALF as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A garden near lake Tekapo

The crevice garden of Michael Midgley Just a few years old, this crevice garden was designed and built by Michael Midgley, a delightful ...

Blog Archive