Saturday, December 31, 2016

The view


I should say "views"--they're never the same! For the last five (or six?) Christmases, I've been lucky to join my partner Jan on a trip to join her family in California for the holidays. We usually stay with her cousin Kristin in an idyllic home overlooking the Pacific. These are a few glimpses of "The View" as I call it--from various vantage points to the West. They say you are either a mountain or a sea person. Of course, I'm a mountaineer--but who couldn't use a bit of a sea glimpse now and again. I spend more time than I should wandering to the West windows, then outside. And almost every night everyone gathers for sundowners...


The Grill work has the name of the house (Casa de la Colina).in wrought iron.


I love watching distant ships...



And glimpses of  the Catalina islands...


This was not the most spectacular of sunsets--but they're all enchanting nonetheless...





And this morning soon will be the last dawn of 2016, now in Denver again....but ten days of Southern California sun and warmth (and lots of rain and green to boot) have done my soul a world of good. Thank you Kristin (and Jan) for a real vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A garden near lake Tekapo

The crevice garden of Michael Midgley Just a few years old, this crevice garden was designed and built by Michael Midgley, a delightful ...

Blog Archive